Opportunities with CARE
CARE Prevention Education Intern Program
The Prevention Education Intern role is to promote awareness and knowledge of sexual violence prevention, bystander intervention, and social norm change.
This position is a commitment of 3-4 hours/week .
As a Prevention Education Intern, you will:
- Facilitate peer education programs on campus for students, registered student organizations, and more.
- Plan and implement outreach events for Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Intimate Partner Violence Awareness Month, and Stalking Awareness Month.
- Develop messaging and manage communications (social media and campaigns).
Prevention Education Intern commitment:
- This position requires a commitment of three quarters (Fall 2022-Spring 2023)
- This position requires the completion of a 4-unit training course during Fall 2022:
- Monday/Wednesday from 2:10-4 PM
- Following the successful completion of the training course, this position is a commitment of 3-4 hours/week during Winter/Spring Quarters 2022
Prevention Education Intern application process:
- Submit a Peer Educator application
- Deadline: Friday, April 15th at 5:00 PM
- Attend an interview
- Interviews will be held May 2nd - May 12th
CARE Volunteer Program
CARE volunteer opportunities include:
Developing and participating in campus outreach events related to raising awareness of sexual violence prevention
Assisting with program and event planning, i.e. Take Back the Night, Denim Day, etc.
Representing CARE at various resource fairs and outreach events
Assisting with administrative support, research, program evaluation, etc.
CARE Volunteer Requirements include:
- Submit an outreach volunteer application
- Attend training
- Training Date/Time: TBD
- Attend weekly meetings
Not a student, or unable to volunteer for UC Davis CARE?
Consider making a difference in your community!