Contact a Confidential Advocate

CARE is fully operational, taking appointments, and responding to emergencies. Click here for information about scheduling an appointment with a confidential advocate.

For urgent matters, confidential counselors are available 24/7 by calling (530) 752-3299.

Get Help

Dear survivor, it is not your fault.

Confidential victim advocacy services are available to all UC Davis and UC Davis Health community members, including: undergraduate and graduate students, students in our professional schools, staff, faculty and academic appointees. 

Crisis Intervention

CARE advocates can help survivors in crisis by helping to process emotions, explaining rights and options, and coming up with safety plans. Crisis intervention is available to survivors and any friends, housemates, colleagues, or family members of the survivor.


If a survivor of sexual harassment or any form of sexual violence chooses to report their experience to Title IX and/or law enforcement, CARE advocates are able to accompany the survivor to any appointments or interviews throughout their reporting process.  CARE advocates are also able to accompany a survivor of sexual assault to their evidentiary or forensic exam regardless of whether the survivor chooses to report their assault.

Case Management

CARE advocates can help a survivor navigate various options related to their unique situation:

  • Coordinating meetings and communications with law enforcement, the district attorney’s office, Title IX, etc.

  • Assisting with obtaining protective orders

  • Providing ongoing advocacy and support

Resource Referrals

CARE can help individuals get connected to other resources, both on-campus and off-campus, in order to answer questions, explore options and aid in the healing process.

  • Counseling

  • Victim witness advocates and family justice centers

  • Community sexual assault and domestic violence organizations

  • Medical assistance

  • Police departments


If a survivor’s academics, housing, or employment are being negatively impacted due to an assault or abuse, CARE advocates can help obtain any necessary accommodations by working with other campus departments, your landlord/housing agency, and/or your employer.