CARE Volunteer Opportunities
The Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) accepts new volunteer applications at the beginning of each fall quarter. CARE volunteers are asked to make a 3-quarter commitment to the program, and meet each week on Tuesdays at 8 PM.
CARE volunteer opportunities include:
- Developing and participating in campus outreach events related to raising awareness of sexual violence prevention
- Creating materials (brochures, flyers, infographics, etc.) to increase awareness, and to market events and educational programs
- Assisting with program and event planning, i.e. Take Back the Night, Denim Day, etc.
- Representing CARE at various resource fairs and outreach events
- Assisting with administrative support, research, program evaluation, etc.
The CARE volunteer application process is currently closed.
Located in Woodland, Empower Yolo provides services to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence in Yolo County. Volunteer opportunities include providing crisis intervention to survivors via the 24-hour crisis line.
The link address is: http://empoweryolo.org/
Women Escaping a Violent Environment (WEAVE, Inc)
Located in Sacramento, WEAVE provides services to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence who are residents of Sacramento County. Volunteer opportunities include working the 24-hour Support and Information Line, Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), office support, and others.
The link address is: http://www.weaveinc.org/